Elegant Venice gem sitting right on the Grand Canal
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
up to -59% today
You can add flights to this hotel
An elegant hotel sitting pretty on Venice’s iconic Grand Canal - includes breakfast, an optional suite stay, a boat transfer to Murano island and more
- The one-time home of Doge Marco Foscarini, the 16th-century Hotel Palazzo Giovanelli oozes class and elegance. Gazing out across the iconic Grand Canal, with spectacular views galore, this boutique beauty is merely a gondola ride away from Venice’s most famous sights – not to mention its many trendy shops, cafés and bars.
- Each with its own unique and distinctive flair, the spacious rooms at Hotel Palazzo Giovanelli are luxuriously furnished with Rubelli fabrics, marble bathrooms and parquet or Venetian Terrazzo flooring. Some even retain original features from the 1500s. The hotel has garnered a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence.
- While there is no on-site restaurant, a bright and airy breakfast room serves up a mighty spread each morning, and a sleek, wood-panelled bar is filled with low-slung white sofas for a casual vibe. For lunch and dinner, pick from one of the local restaurants, cafés and canal-side bacari for small plates served with water views.
- Room service
- Breakfast room
- Laundry services
How to get there
Hotel Palazzo Giovanelli is around 18 kilometres from Venice Marco Polo airport. By car, you can cross the Ponte della Libertà and park in Venice's only car park (there are no roads on the island). We would recommend taking a taxi to Stazione di Venezia Santa Lucia and then either walking to the hotel, or taking a boat along the canals.
Good to know
A boat transfer to Murano island is included with each of our offers; please note that the return boat transfer is not included.
Please note there is a city tax of €4.50 per person, per night payable to the hotel upon check-out.
To stay informed about how the UK leaving the EU could affect you when travelling in Europe, and the steps you need to take, please visit the Foreign and Commonwealth Office website.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Want to add flights?
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.