Rest up in rural Buckinghamshire and indulge in AA Rosette dining
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
Bluebell Wood, Buckinghamshire
A romantic stay at a Thames riverside hotel with an AA Rosette-awarded restaurant and historic bar – includes breakfast, a bottle of wine and three-course dinner
- The romantic Macdonald Compleat Angler sits in a tranquil spot on the river's edge, throwing its lights across the water. Less than an hour outside of London, this plush hotel overlooks the Thames in Marlow, Buckinghamshire – perfect for country rambles, fishing trips and jaunty days out in nearby Windsor, Eton or Henley.
- You're spoilt for choice with an AA Rosette-awarded restaurant: gourmet British dishes with stunning river views are served at the Riverside Restaurant.
- You can also drink cocktails in the bar or sip champagne in the cosy and quaint lounge, once a favourite haunt of T.S. Eliot and F. Scott Fitzgerald - you can't get much more glamorous than that. Expect a cosy atmosphere teeming with old world elegance in this 400 year-old oak-panelled watering hole.
- AA Rosette-awarded restaurant
- Room service
How to get there
Macdonald Compleat Angler is around 35 miles from London, and can be accessed by either the M4 or the M40. The hotel is just half a mile away from Marlow Rail station, for those wishing to leave the car at home.
Good to know
This hotel is pet friendly, and dogs can be bought along for an additional £15 per pet, per night.
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.