Boutique Georgian hotel near Windsor with rural charm
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
An English country stay at a traditional Georgian retreat near Windsor – includes breakfast, three-course dinner, a bottle of prosecco, and cream tea
- Originally built in 1568, this stunning country house manor is one of tales and history. Home to aristocracy, Taplow House was a private residence before turning into a glorious, family-owned hotel in 1958. Set on the border of Buckinghamshire and Berkshire, the hotel is conveniently situated to nearby attractions.
- Period charm mixed with tradition and luxury amenities help Taplow House Hotel’s interior match its grand Georgian exterior. Expect comfy beds, cream-coloured striped wallpaper and mahogany furnishings, alongside Egyptian cotton sheets and Tempur mattresses for a soothing stay.
- Tuck into locally sourced produce with views of the hotel’s six impressive acres at the restaurant. Traditional afternoon tea can be enjoyed here or on the south-facing terrace in the warmer months. For something a little stronger, the bar serves up a selection of classic malts by the fireside on colder days.
- Afternoon tea
How to get there
Taplow House Hotel is situated in Taplow, near Windsor, Maidenhead and Bray. Just under 30 miles from central London, this area of Buckinghamshire is well connected by road, rail and air, with easy access to Heathrow Airport, the M4 and M40 motorways. Taplow and Maidenhead train stations are just minutes from the hotel, connecting you to London Paddington.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.