Relax at a 16th-century Bedford hotel by the River Great Ouse
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
up to -54% today
A country hotel in a 16th-century building overlooking the River Great Ouse, with breakfast and afternoon tea or dinner credit
- Situated in a tranquil setting just a stone's throw away from the town centre, The Barns Hotel is housed in an attractive 16th-century building with lovely views out over the River Great Ouse and delicious, traditional English cuisine.
- The hotel's wooden-clad WineGlass Restaurant looks out over the River Great Ouse. Take your time over the carefully considered wine list, all before deciding on something from the plentiful range of classics for lunch and dinner every day.
- A 20-minute drive away, the magnificent Woburn Abbey sits gracefully inside a 3000-acre deer park, with 10 types of deer grazing freely. You'll also find all sorts of exotic animals thriving at Woburn Safari Park. Further on, you can drink in refreshing air and invigorating views at Dunstable Downs, the highest point in the East of England.
- Flatscreen TV in every room
- Electric vehicle charging station
- Disabled access
- Room service
- Laundry service
- 24-hour front desk
How to get there
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.