Former smuggler's haunt on the Cornish coast
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
A former 17th-century smuggler haunt tucked into the harbour of a fishing village in Cornwall, with an AA Rosette restaurant – includes breakfast, three-course dinner and late check-out
- A great place for a coastal getaway, The Lugger Hotel is a scenic spot tucked into the cove and harbour of Portloe – an idyllic fishing village in south Cornwall. The hotel boasts a rich history, having been a 17th-century inn and haunt of local smugglers, and the buildings perched on the rugged coast make for a picturesque setting.
- Overlooking the harbour and sea, the award-winning restaurant serves classical cuisine based on locally sourced produce, particularly shellfish, lobster and crab. The restaurant has scooped up two AA Rosettes for its combined British and European cuisine – and it's easy to see why. The Lugger Hotel also suitably bagged a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence.
- The hotel has 23 bedrooms that are comfortably furnished with bleached Portuguese woods, soft lighting and crisp white linens, creating a cosy and contemporary feel. All rooms have luxurious en-suite bathrooms, with deep baths and deluge showers, and both Classic and Superior rooms come with views over the village.
- Two AA-Rosette-awarded restaurant
- Harbour views
- Room service
- Massage service (chargeable)
- Board games and puzzles
- 24-hour front desk
How to get there
The Lugger Hotel is around a five-and-a-half-hour drive from London, and around a two-hour drive from Exeter.
We source flights from all major scheduled and low cost airlines to offer you a full choice of airlines, departure airports and flight times.
You can choose to add a flight to this hotel. Just select the dates you want to book your stay from the calendar and choose ‘Hotel + Flights’
On the next page you can choose the departure airport, time and airline and price that is convenient to you
When you buy a hotel with a flight with us you are financially protected under the ATOL scheme.
If you need any support booking this holiday, please contact 0207 887 2772 (Mon - Sun 8am to 8pm)
If you wish to make a flight only booking, or add a flight to an existing hotel booking with us, call our reservations team on 0343 227 0007 (Mon-Fri 9-6, Saturday 10-5, Sun closed)
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.