Characterful 18th-century hotel in the heart of Dorchester
Save up to 60% on luxury hotels and holidays.
Access and book our deals using just your email
An ultra-affordable base in a great destination
A charming Dorset stay at characterful Georgian hotel in the heart of Dorchester, with period features and award-winning dining - includes breakfast and a bottle of prosecco
- For all the Dorset charm you can muster, this gracious Georgian hotel is right in the heart of Dorchester - the county town most famous for inspiring some of Thomas Hardy's greatest literary classics.
- A former coaching inn dating back to 1756, Wessex Royale Hotel is blessed with plenty of period features, like the grand staircase, wood panelling, and fireplaces galore.
- In addition to homely rooms and warm welcome, its AA Rosette-awarded modern British cuisine that makes this place a winner, especially the hearty full English breakfasts with all the trimmings and the delicious all-day light bites.
Complimentary parking is available on site, but this is limited and places can’t be reserved. If you fail to secure a space, there’s a long-stay car park around 350 yards away.
Can't commit to booking right now?
Hold a date for only £25 while you decide.
- Pay £25 to hold a date until the end of the sale.
- If you choose to buy it, the money will go towards your purchase, if not, the cash will be credited to your Secret Escapes account.
Important: Please note, this is not a deposit, complete or guaranteed booking; holding the date simply prevents other members from swooping in and booking your preferred date while you're still having a think about it. Secret Escapes will not be liable for expenses incurred should that date not be available to book and a hold is cancelled.
For more details, please see our FAQ page.